Monday 2 February 2015

I like it! - Tarte Colored Clay CC Eye Primer Stick

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to do a quick little post to let you know about a product I have been loving. I picked up the Tarte Colored Clay CC Eye Primer Stick (phew, that's a mouthful) in December and have been using it almost daily ever since!

 In the past I had been a fan of MAC's Painterly paint pot, as i liked its thicker consistency, as compared to a thinner primer like Urban Decay's Primer Potion. This Tarte primer has taken over as my new favourite!

To me, this primer is a lot like MAC's Painterly. as it is a stick form, it is a thicker consistency, and has a slight color that covers up any discoloration on my eyelids. I usually run this over my eyelid a couple of times and then blend it in with my finger. I have found that sometimes I even just apply this without eyeshadow on top, as it seems to just make my eyelids look better and brighter! 

 The one issue I have with this product is the packaging. It has some hit and miss qualities about it. For one, I like that it is a stick form, it makes it easy to apply a bit more hygenic than dipping my finger in a pot. I also like that it twists up and down for more or less product. However, I HATE the lid. Yes, I hate it enough to use all caps. I find it so difficult to remove, that sometimes I just get fed up and use a different primer. I am usually applying this soon after I had applied my face moisturizer, and when my hands are a bit slippery from that, it is near impossible to get the lid off. Even with dry hands and the greatest grip, it is quite difficult!


 The description from Sephora is as follows: 
"Tarte’s innovative, waterproof CC eye primer stick works on all skin types to color-correct the skin around eyes. Infused with color-correcting and skin-nourishing colored clay, this smoothing eye primer absorbs excess oil on the lids, offering a neutral base for the perfect eye shadow application. The lightweight formula addresses appearance of redness and discoloration, balancing the skin and instantly brightening the delicate eyelid area. This easy-glide, neutral pencil tip preps lids prior to makeup application for better wear and truer shadow payoff that can last for up to 12 hours."
This product retails for $25.00 CDN at Sephora, which to me is fairly average for a higher end eye primer. It is vegan friendly and paraben free, so that is a plus! 

Have you given this primer a try? What did you think? Also, do you has as much trouble with the lid as I do? (It can't be just me!)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I used to really love this primer but know it seems to be creasing on me. Great review :)


    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete